Grimsby Power is pleased to be your provider of electricity distribution services. To provide you with a reliable source of electricity, Grimsby Power needs to collect and use certain personal information about you. As of January 1, 2004 the federal legislation protecting your privacy request that Grimsby Power obtain your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for identified purposes. We invite you to read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices with respect to personal information.
The nature of personal information we collect may include:
· Information we receive from you such as your name, address, contact information and general financial, credit and reference information;
· Facts about your historical and current consumption of power;
· Information about your transactions with us, such as meter number, account number, account balances, payment history, and account activity;
· Identifying information, such as a driver’s license.
Grimsby Power uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
· To provide you with continuous electric service and to bill you for that service;
· To assist us in the collection of accounts;
· To respond to your inquiries about energy use and billing;
· To prevent fraud with respect to both you and our company;
· To meet legal and regulatory requirements
Because of the structure of the electricity sector in Ontario, it may be necessary to share your billing and consumption information with third party billing and settlement agencies. For example, your billing and consumption information may be provided to a retailer with whom you have chosen to enter into a separate contract. Your information may also be disclosed or shared with other agencies or organizations as required by law or regulation.
Grimsby Power filed an IRM application with the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) on August 3, 2022 ...Learn More
Grimsby Power has been notified that individuals representing themselves as a utility responsible for providing power a ...Learn More
The Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) is a provincially funded rebate that applies as a credit on qualifying electricity ...Learn More
Grimsby Power is conducting a Customer Satisfaction Survey ...Learn More
Grimsby Power is introducing a new customer account portal ...Learn More