The Pre-authorized payment method eliminates the need for you to write monthly cheques for your regular bill payments.
One authorization is all that is required for a series of payments to be made automatically through your bank or financial institution’s business chequing account. This means reduced postage and envelope costs.
With the pre-authorized payment plan, there are no cheques to get lost or stolen; therefore, you avoid the embarrassment of missed payments, and the penalty charge for late payments as a result. You may stop payments at any time if necessary. Notice must be in writing and takes seven days for processing and to notify the bank.
Many people are busy. If you are away on vacation, out of town on business or sick, your payments will always be made on time. Even postal or airline disruptions, in most cases, will not prevent your bill payments from reaching their destination on time.
WHAT ABOUT OUR RECORDS?
Here's where we will need your help. Please read the conditions below. Should you wish to register for the Pre - authorized Payment Plan, contact us and we will send the form out to you. Alternatively, a link has been established on our website, under ‘Payment Options’ which connects you to a printable form. Complete the i nformation required on the form, attach a cheque marked "Void" for the account you want the payments to be taken from, and then return the information package to us.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR RECORDS?
Your payments will be recorded automatically and individually on your monthly bank statement. You may also continue to enter your pre - authorized payment in your accounting book as if you had written and mailed a cheque. Grimsby Power will continue to send your bill to you. In this way , you will know what day your payment is due and the amount that wi ll be debited from your business or personal bank account. Paying your bill through the Pre - Authorized Payment Plan is just like sending us a cheque - but without the bother.
- We acknowledge that the Authorization is provided for the benefit of the Payee and the Processing Institution and is provided in consideration of the Processing Institution agreeing to process debits against our account, as listed in accordance with the Rules of the Canadian Payments Association.
- We warrant and guarantee that all persons whose signatures are required to authorize withdrawals from the Account have signed the Authorization and that all persons signing this authorization are our authorized signing officers and are empowered to enter into this agreement.
- We hereby authorize the Payee to issue Pre-Authorized Debits drawn on the Account for the purpose of hydro energy payments.
- We may cancel the Authorization ay any time providing written notice to the Payee.
- We acknowledge that provision and delivery of the Authorization to the Payee constitutes delivery by us to the Processing Institution. Any delivery of the Authorization to the payee, regardless of the method of delivery, constitutes delivery by us.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, the Payee will provide to us:
- with respect to fixed amount PAC's, written notice of the amount to be debited and the date on which the Payment Amount debited will be posted to our Account, at least ten (10) calendar days before the Payment Date of the first OAC, and such notice shall be provided every time where is a change in the Payment Amount for the Payment Date.
- with respect to variable amount PAC'S written notice of the Payment amount and the Payment Date, at least ten (10) calendar days before the Payment Date of every PAC.
- We acknowledge that the Processing Institution is not required to verify that a PAC has been issued in accordance with the particulars of the Authorization including, but not limited to, the amount, or that any purpose for which the PAC was issued has been fulfilled by the Payee as a condition to honouring a PAC issued or caused to be issued by the Payee on the Account.
- Revocation of the Authorization does not terminate any contract for sale of electricity to us. The authorization ap plies only to the method of payment and does not otherwise have any bearing on the contract for electricity
- We may dispute a PAC only under the following conditions:
- The PAC was not drawn in accordance with the Authorization;
- The Authorization was revoked; or
- Pre-notification, as required under section 6 was not received. We acknowledge that in order to be reimbursed, a declaration to the effect that either (i), (ii), or (iii) took place, must be completed and presented to the branch of the Processing Institution holding the Account up to and including ten (10) business days for Business bank accounts and ninety (90) business days for personal bank accounts after the date on which the PAC in dispute was posted to the Account. We acknowledge that when disputing any PAC beyond the time allowed in this section it is a matter to be resolved solely between the Payee, outside the payments system and us.
- We agree that the information contained in the Authorization may be disclosed to the financial institution as required to complete any PAC transaction.
- We understand and accept the terms of participating in this PAC plan.